Monday, November 17, 2014

Light accessory day/Three weeks out

Accessory day! 

Machine military press: 

4 x 12 

Machine curls: 

4 x 15 

Lat pulldowns: 

4 x 12 

Chest supported row: 

4 x 12 

Standing dumbbell overhead extensions: 

3 x 15 

Seated row: 

3 x 20 

Core work: 

150 reps 


As of right now accessory day is just a light "fluff and buff" day, keeping all weights light and just working the muscles a bit. Typically the main movement on accessory day is standing military press but I'm playing it smart being 3 weeks out and focusing all my pressing energy on my bench days. 

Off season is already mapped out, taking a break from competing for a while to focus on rehabbing my body. Lifting heavy and cold weather make it feel like hell on my joints and tendon structures, so I'm going to make the first couple months of my off season free from "true" max effort work at least on squatting and deadlifting. 

The main goal of my off season is to: 

1.) rehab any tender/injured areas
2.) maintain strength, only attempting PR's when I know for sure they're sitting in the tank. 
3.) restructure my diet/restrict carbs efficiently as possible
4.) Start my descent "officially" down into the 242 weight class, future blog coming after my meet write up explaining my goals and reasoning for this decision! 
5.) Make damn sure I'm having fun with my training, I almost always look forward to each training day however I'm introducing a template for my off season that allows for variety and since I'm not peaking for a competition I plan to have alot of fun with this new template and really focusing on building myself in a positive manner for a future meet next summer!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment