Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Testing openers and thoughts about potential lifts.

So today I decided to test openers for the meet, on a positive note everything felt great so once my strength peaks properly I'm looking at some major lifetime PR's going in to next weekend. 

Today I just tested openers for bench and squat, not usually typical however my deadlift is my strongest lift and I feel confident on selecting an opener without testing for one. So my opener for deadlift will be 525! 

Bench: 

Bench felt amazing today, just did some warms up followed by two sets of a single using legit commands (start, press, rack). Everything looked like this: 

135 x 5 
225 x 5 
275 x 3 
315 x 1 (legit commands) 
350 x 1 (legit commands) 

The 350 moved like speed work, so looking at the kilo chart my opener for the bench will be 358, the plan is open with something right at what I hit back in May so I can position myself for a 400+ legit competition bench. 


Squat: 

Not going to lie I was worried about squats ever since my hip injury, thankfully I'm back in full swing and really surprised myself. Squats looked like this: 

135 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 1 
455 x 1 
515 x 1 (in wraps) 

The 515 moved phenomenally and it really surprised myself. I think this is a legit opener for myself and hopefully I can position myself at an attempt for 600ish. 


Overall my openers (515/358/525) puts me at 1,398 which is 7lbs shy of what I totaled 7 months ago, feels great to know I've came that far in such a short amount of time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment