Saturday, December 6, 2014

Competition recap and meet write-up

First off I'd like to start off by saying Crossfit Thunder put on an excellent meet, overall it was a great day involving some great lifters. Although the competitors list was small I believe there was a high percentage of these lifters that were very skilled and are chasing some very high level elite lifts from what I saw. Without any further delay I'll jump into my day. 


First up was squats, first thing I will say is that all these weights I attempted today felt light on my back. My last warmup was 500 and I obliterated it, but lets take a look at my attempts: 

523lbs - was a smoke show, went up with no problem. 

556lbs - was a bit of grinding with this lift, but I locked it out smoothly. Honestly felt I had 25lbs or so left in me so I made a call for 584lbs 

584lbs - brought it down and reversed it as hard as I could, came out of the hole maybe 2" and lost it couldn't go any further with it. Considering the most I've ever squatted in my gym is 525lbs I think 556lbs is solid, I will hit over 600+ in my next meet mark those words!!! 


Bench was a different story today, and in all honesty I need to keep all of my bench work to paused reps to keep building this lift in a positive direction. Attempts looked like this: 

358lbs - flew up with no struggle what so ever. 

380lbs - looked slower than 358lbs, light grinding but honestly thought I had 391lbs in me. 

391lbs - brought it down and pressed, got stuck at my weak point which is about 6" off my chest couldn't finish the lift. Disappointing however I was still on track for a solid meet PR!! 


Deadlifts went very well today, attempts looked like this: 

523lbs - obliterated it, several people joked and told me to put some weight on the bar haha! 

556lbs - again slaughtered it, felt great!! 

578lbs - bar flew up off the floor, entire lift looked great until the last 1-2" from lockout bar slowed quite a bit however finished the lift very solid. I'll be taking the off-season to fix that last bit of lockout, I will be back to pull over 600+ you can guarantee it!!! 


Finished with a 1,514lb total and a 109lbs meet total PR, felt bad that I missed my last heavy squat and that I didn't bench 400+ like I was projected to do. But you live and learn, and I'll be back to fight another day. And in all honesty I can't really be too disappointed with a triple digit meet PR, this was a wonderful learning experience and this was the first time that I've took gambles with lifts as opposed to Beast Of The Bluegrass where I played it conservatively because it was my first meet. 

Already looking forward to the off season and seeing where I'm at in my next competition, also I'd like to thank everyone who texted or messaged me wishing me good luck this weekend, it meant alot and I'm glad you all are behind me and hope for the best when I'm competing. 

I'LL BE BACK!!!! For a much higher total!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment