Thursday, December 11, 2014

Going into the Off-season/ Goals!!!!

So with the off-season just around the corner I thought I'd write out a blog explaining my goals and training style for the next few months. 

As far as competing again goes I've decided to put off stepping on the platform until at least late spring/early summer, currently I am scoping out a meet in Ashland hosted by Iron Mafia in June. This will more than likely be a competition I'll be committing to! 

Now lets talk about my training style, for the off-season I've decided to add variety to my current template. What I mean by that is my main movement and main accessory movement will be designed to have 3-4 different selections for myself to choose from each training day, and each selection has a detailed percentage and rep range. As far as max effort work goes I'm dialing it back slightly to allow myself to heal up to handle a tough peaking cycle going in to my next competition, consider it a 10/20/life decision! 

So a listed version of my goals look like this: 

1.) heal up and rehab for a couple of weeks before hitting anything considered "max effort"

2.) Cardio is becoming a staple once again in my training, 3 days a week alternating intensities. I felt so much better when my body was conditioned, and my recovery was incredible in between lifting sets. 

3.) Keep my off-season body weight in check, main goal here is 260-265 and to maintain that. The SPF appears to have a 259lb weight class if so that will work very well for myself. 

4.) All squat work is without wraps, ill rarely touch a wrap until competition prep begins. 

5.) Bring up my hip strength, so I'll be pulling sumo some along with a variety of other exercises to strengthen my hips. 

Lifting goals look like this for the off-season: 

Squat 500 x 6-8 reps 
Bench 315 x 10-12 and 405 x 3 
Deadlift 455 x 8-10 and 500 x 6


Off-season work begins Monday, looking forward to having some fun with my training!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment